Sat, May 21|
The Historic Mounds Theater
Let's Get STONED!
Come learn everything you ever wanted to know about rhinestones and rhinestoning from one of the best! Nadi A'marena, owner of Sirens and Ice custom rhinestoning services will be teaching all their tips and tricks to make your next sparkle project a success!
WHEN AND WHERE
May 21, 2022, 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
The Historic Mounds Theater, 1029 Hudson Rd, St Paul, MN 55106, USA
Bring a small project that you want to bedazzle! For a $10 materials fee (collected day of), Sirens and Ice will provide you with the stones from Looking Glass Gems and the tools of the trade to take home with you! But if you have your own supplies, you are more than welcome to bring those. You will find a general schedule below.
- The difference between rhinestone brands, shapes, and types (hotfix vs regular, acrylic, resin, sew on...etc.)
- Glues and tools (syringes and tips, katanas and wax tools, tweezers...etc.)
- Stoning based off costume and theme
- Choosing color palette
- Designing vs freeform
- Mixing to create ultimate sparkle
Stoning (demonstration and participation)
- Proper gluing techniques
- Reducing overflow and residue
- Preventing overcrowding and retaining costume elasticity
- Stoning examples
- Everybody stones (And ask questions)
+$0.75 service fee
+$0.75 service fee0